Touch has a Memory...





What can I do to drive away
Remembrance from my eyes? for they have seen,
Aye, an hour ago, my brilliant Queen!
Touch has a memory. O say, love, say,
What can I do to kill it and be free
In my old liberty?


O, for some sunny spell
To dissipate the shadows of this hell!
Say they are gone, -- with the new dawning light
Steps forth my lady bright!
O, let me once more rest
My soul upon that dazzling breast!
Let once again these aching arms be placed,
The tender gaolers of thy waist!
And let me feel that warm breath here and there
To spread a rapture in my very hair, --
O, the sweetness of the pain!
Give me those lips again!
Enough! Enough! it is enough for me
To dream of thee! ~ John Keats

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Keats, English Poet, October 31, 1795 - February 23, 1821

No comments:

Post a Comment